Portland visit

Hubby and I have returned from parts west recently.
We had a fabulous visit with our daughter and her hubby and at long last got to meet  our grandpuppy. Our first trip to Portland was delightful and seems an enticing area to live.  There is so much happening, so much to do and see.  Exquisite restaurants to satisfy whatever mood you may be in and acres of city parks, trails for hiking and biking, to work off the excess calories.  Lots of accessible shops within walking distance of their home, to walk off more calories.

a hike near Mt Hood with Jevan, Casey & Winston
Lots of other shopping districts to explore throughout the city, like this great little shop.
Check out Tanner Goods Retail shop.
Guess who provided the interior design for this hot new spot?
If you guessed that it was my designing daughter, you were right on!
She even designed and made the light fixture for the shop.
tres' cool, eh?  
She & her equally talented hubby,
 along with their partners design, create, market and sell 
top of the line leather items.  
Casey & Jevan sweetly accommodated Mom & Dad by giving us a grand tour of Portland.  Even the touristy things I wanted to see.  Like the Chinese Gardens and the 
International Rose Gardens, to mention a few. 












Sad to say I didn't take pictures of some of the delightful restaurants we enjoyed, nor the lovely home cooked meals.   Guess that means I will have to return, huh?


Oh, yes, a blog post is not complete without showing a picture of a quilt.  Am I right?


Vanilla Bean has a new home.  And here she is with the proud new owners.




I think they liked it. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh I just love Vanilla Bean's new home! Very cute picture. Glad you had such a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos of Portland and Surrounding areas! I love how your Vanilla Bean "fits" in it's new home!
    By the way, the quilts in previous post left me a slight bit envious today. Can't wait to get back to sewing. Also wondering if I should rethink the idea of getting rid of my stash:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fun to see your daughter and son-in-law, plus your adorable grand dog. Vanilla Bean looks fabulous on their bed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vanilla Bean has found the perfect home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love when a quilt goes to the right home! Your picture captures a lot of gorgeous texture from the quilting. Very inspired!
    ; )

    ReplyDelete

Any and all comments are most appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to view, read, and voice your thoughts.