For the past week I have been in a coma of sorts. Don't be alarmed, not a medical coma, but a technical coma. First my computer got a virus and crashed. Bought a new PC, got it up and going within a week. Yippee, back in the high life again. Or so I thought. Next it seems that the new computer was already having major problems. Back and forth to the shop where I had made my purchase. Not the computer's problem, it seems. It is issues with AT&T in my neck of the woods. Next my telephone and Internet goes totally out of commission for 168 hours, give or take an hour or two. The solution was quite simple, however, AT&T just seemed to keep putting me on their back burner day after day and almost put me over the edge of sanity. I knew I was spending far too much time on the Internet. But I didn't realize how addicted I had become to my PC and the WWW. Or how much I depended on the www for all sorts of things. Maybe now, for the time being, or until it rains again in southeast Tennessee, I am reconnected. Whew! Enough of that rant.
Now it seems that since I couldn't constantly hop over to my PC and check on what is going on in the world, I did spend much more time working on pieces in my studio. I actually got lots accomplished. I even cooked a few nice dinners, and got out and exercised a bit. I am feeling so much better today. I have been able to check in on my friends to see what I have missed. Y'all have all been really busy out there. Wow, have I got a lot of catching up to do.
Let me show y'all a bit of what I've been up to since I've been on my high tech hiatus. Remember my last post about my lantana? I have made several creative decisions, gotten several hundred more pieces cut, and some sections sewn together.
This is one fabric choice for the background that I ruled out. Although the picture makes it look a bit better, the deep blue and purple was far too overpowering in real life.
I took my background clue from one of the names that lantana is also known by, "sand verbena." I made some design changes, since I choose less busy fabrics for the background. That meant much more piecing, but why not make it more complicated somewhere along the way, as is, far too often, my modus operandi.
And here is where I am today. About 500 pieces (or more) (who's counting) later.
Got several more things accomplished, which I will show and tell at a later time. If I don't loose my connection, yet again.