If I could put time in a bottle . .

At last, I have been able to find a few hours to work on Ms. Lantana.  You might notice a distinctive line in this photo.  That is because I have sewn the top left section, but the lower section is only partially sewn together.  It seems that I am having a bit of an issue with my drawing/pattern for the full bloom in the section on the right.  When I made my original pattern, it was, if you might recall, quite a bit smaller than the finished piece.  Thus, as I began to cut my fabric from the enlarged pattern, I also began some redrawing. Note to self:  I must learn to perfect the pattern before embarking on a piece of this complexity. It seems that this has resulted in quite a bit of confusion for me.  I seem to enjoy torturing myself by making things more difficult than they should be.  But then, as I always say, I do love a good challenge.  Or is it a case of putting the donkey behind the cart?  Sigmund would have a field day with me, huh?
Oh, and there is another reason that I had not been paying attention to Ms. Lantana.  I was in a panic.  It seems that I was running very low on my hand dyed orange, yellow and green fabrics.  That resulted in having to clean up the space in my garage and reassemble my dyeing studio.  Now that I have my freshly dyed fabrics to work into the mix, I am back with a vengeance, for a day or two at least.


OH! to be able to spend 12 uninterrupted hours a day, 6 days a week in my studio.
C'est la vie.  

16 comments:

  1. My problem is when I have the time I don't have the energy or motivation. Your work looks great and of course you have to do it the hard way.....that goes without saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Mary, do I know what you mean! Challenges, difficulties, they seem to come our way very easily.
    Whatever problems you are facing, your lantana looks perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is looking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a challenge too, but sometimes we're our own worst enemies! That last picture of Ms Lantana made me do a double take - it looks so real up there on youre wall. I love this piece and am loving watch it come together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is looking amazing!!! When I saw the thumbnail, I thought it was a painting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHHHHHHH! doesn't that dream sound glorious!!!? I wish it for all of us who long for that luxury! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! Love, Em

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ms. Lantana is looking wonderful so far to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazin', amazin'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Mary! It is just wonderful! I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks just like lantana! You are amazing, this is going to be wonderful....and she dyes fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So stunning! I didn't realize the scale of it. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I decided yesterday that there are actually only twenty four minutes, not hours, in every day and we'll just have to accept that.
    Seeing your quilt on the wall makes it seem even more wondrous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. HA! I must agree with you Sheila. Although I might have to balk about accepting that fact.
    Thanks for complimenting my work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I never realized how big the quilt was until you posted the design wall!
    It looks great with your scarlet hand dyed fabrics. I really admire your patience.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love to follow the process of your work and what you tell us. You're incredible...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this project. great! hugs

    ReplyDelete

Any and all comments are most appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to view, read, and voice your thoughts.