A Southern Bridal Shower

After the storm, life is returning to normal for many of us.  My niece, Sarah Beth, will be married in June.  To celebrate the upcoming event, I hosted, along with my cousin, Lora, a bridal shower at my home.  We decided on a very traditional, southern style, girlie party with all the fixings. Mom and I polished up the silver and washed the crystal.   I washed and ironed the linens.  Lora and I made made yummy finger foods and champagne punch.  I trimmed the blooms and leaves from the southern magnolias and dogwoods for decorations.  It was so much fun to do something special and girlie pretty.  It was a such a sunny, happy day.

 
Lots of lovely ladies dropped in bearing gifts for the bride to be.
the bride and her grandmother
And of course quilts were involved. The bride and groom were happy to finally get their hands on this quilt that I had custom made for them.
  I do think it was a huge success.   And now we are all looking forward to the wedding.
And while I wait, I guess I will fill part of the time getting back into my studio and getting my hands on some fabric.


11 comments:

  1. Your table looks splendid...fit for a bride! We went to a christening today (cute little great neice...makes me feel old!)...lots of yummy finger food for us too. Celebrations on both sides of the pond!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! Elegant.

    I can't wait to see what you make next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary,

    I love the flowers you arranged on the table! Everything looks so elegant. I bet it was nice to focus on more positive things and happy times after the storm a bit at a time.
    You mom is beautiful!
    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table looks so beautiful and elegant. I bet the bride loved it! The quilt is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations for the well done work! Everything looks so elegant... And I love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your creativity shows in all you do. Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! Everything looks so beautiful, I love the flowers on the table. Enjoy the wedding, and much love to the happy couple

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tracy O'May 09, 2011

    Hey Mary, What a great thing to find on the internet hanging around Allie's apartment while she gets things lined up for her surgery in Buenos Aires (tomorrow!!!???) Yikes. - My homecoming may be delayed depending on her recup . . . but it was nice to feel a bit of home reading about your shower Saturday. What a wonderful time - the bride is so pretty - and I guess that was ?your mom? in the photo. Very very sweet! Have a good couple of weeks - talk soon, and thanks for a warm post to someone far from home! Tracy O'Connell

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to get married again so I can receive a quilt just like this from you!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is marvellous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnonymousMay 11, 2011

    What a thoughtful and beautiful celebration ! Everything looks just perfect and surely it tasted just as good ! A wonderful quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the decorations are so thoughtful and they area adding so much positivity to this place. You did a great job. At one of the local Los Angeles event venues we also attended a garden bridal shower and it was also very enjoyable. I am pleased to be able to be there

    ReplyDelete

Any and all comments are most appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to view, read, and voice your thoughts.