And More Progress

Bicycle 101
pieced and ready to quilt
@ 30 x 36


I had this next piece hanging on my design wall since August 2013.  It was done during a workshop with Elizabeth Barton at Arrowmont.  Elizabeth graciously complimented the composition, but all I kept seeing was the big CBS eye.  It began to make be a big crazy, as it stared at me day in and day out on the wall.  A few days ago, as I was cleaning up some the the piles of fabric from a project, I decided that I was tired of it's glare.  And I had exhausted all ideas of what to do with it.  This thing had become an intrusive monster.  I snatched it from the wall and hacked it up with my rotary cutter. There! I said as I tossed the pieces into the trash and went back to my cleaning.  Feeling much more relaxed.  



However, those pieces were still wimpering for help the next day.  I reluctantly salvaged  them from the trash and began to play with them again.  The results were very pleasing to my eye, and as it hangs on the wall today, I am at piece with it's rebirth.  

eye to eye
@ 20" x 28"


5 comments:

  1. Yup....when nothing else seems to work, the rotary cutter can be a quilter's best friend. I'm so glad you pulled those pieces out of the trash....they look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and that bicycle looks more fabulous each time I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it fascinating that so often when we try to abandon project, it actually becomes something, and something so much better than what we thought we were doing. This can happen in a class because we are working with someone else's method, process and it doesn't feel quite like our own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Bicycle 101" is wonderful! I love your choice of colors--red, yellow, purple and that hint of turquoise, all against gray. Completely original and brilliant. I love what you did with the eye. It's a very engaging composition.

    ReplyDelete

Any and all comments are most appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to view, read, and voice your thoughts.