Flying off in a new direction >>>>>>>>




I got carried away by the geese.  The thought occurred to me that it would be fun to make a coordinating quilt to use with my low volume quilt. 

Besides, I was stuck for a bit on finding just the right look for the middle section of the trees.  All it took was a nice walk on a sunny day for some good inspiration. (We finally had a couple of days of sunshine down in the "sunny South")  Now I am on a roll.  Up and down the ladder, pinning pieces to the wall.
 


Note to self
* next time you get stuck, take a walk*
Now I really must grab one of the tops that is languishing in the pile of the unquilted,
get it sandwiched together and quilt it.
That will only give me 3 projects to work on for a few days.  A day filled with designing, piecing, quilting.  How could a person ever get bored, I ask you.  So many quilts.  So little time.


8 comments:

  1. I very much like your grey geese, a suitable colour scheme for geese and of course your trees are magnificent. You are right, how can one be bored when there is so much art of all kinds to be made, whether knitting, textiles, painting, crochet or any other kind of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those geese! Inspiring me to go route through my low volumes and grey - just marvelous!
    I really love how your tree piece is coming along - your walk in the sunshine has re-charged you! Bored is not an option!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see that the geese have made another appearance. Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree quilt is gorgeous! I love the grass fabrics. It's going to be a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh! I love what you are working on. The geese are fun, can't wait to see where this goes . . . and the trees! FABULOUS! You are so inspiring, I just love to watch your progression. I too think a walk is just the thing to clear the cobwebs and get things moving again. Just great! ox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your trees have so much depth. You are a master! I love that pop of red in the middle. The flying geese are fun. I'm glad they're still flying around your studio.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this idea of your pattern for the trees - might have to try doing that sometime - they're quite lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, love the trees and the geese. Your advice to yourself is timeless--if stuck, take a walk.

    ReplyDelete

Any and all comments are most appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to view, read, and voice your thoughts.