Issues

I've been practicing a bit of self discipline the past few days.  It seems I have a stockpile of quilt tops that are screaming to be quilted.  I am certain that none of you have this issue that you feel that it must be dealt with.  (pants on fire) That issue along with some health issues have prevented me from being too productive as of late.  So I am determined to spend a bit of time doing some sporadic free motion quilting to clear the slate, deal with the onset of other issues and get ready for the holidays.  Thus, I have nothing new to show.  But wait.  I have some old things to show thanks to Mom.  She bought this delightful crib quilt years ago.  To my mind it is SO SO Fresh Modern.  Doncha think?
Fresh Modern Crib quilt from @ 1940s

block from crib quilt

block from crib quilt
block from crib quilt
OH, how I would love to find the fabrics that were used in this sweet quilt.  




Twin one
No you are not seeing double.  These are the lovely twin quilt mates.  
Probably from the 1940's as well.

Twin two

What fun, huh? Although I am not normally drawn to these styles,
I am hard pressed to keep at my free motion quilting and not begin something new.   There is something to be said about this fresh new/old look.  I am re inspired.
Thanks Mom
What inspires you these days?

10 comments:

  1. My problem is I am too inspired! Need to slow my brain down. Sadly, collecting tops in the suitcase is not helping me.. Unless, I find a way to display the tops! Hmmm.. now there is an idea!
    I love those antique quilts. So sweet - There is something to be said about fresh look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are having fun quilting away! I may need to follow your lead a bit and get some quilting happening, not just piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, these ARE inspiring! So simple, yet so appealing. I'm trying to get on the "quilt them up" band wagon too. Your resolution will help me.

    I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, love the crib quilt and the design created using a large scale contrasting print. Fabulous!
    Everything old IS new again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lately my inspiration has been a deadline. I'm in gift making mode right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so wonderful and look so soft. I love how the color fades in and out of the block, vey inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Mary. Great quilts. The crib quilt is exceptional.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are both so pretty -- thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Sujata in that I feel inspired by EVERYTHING!!!! Too many projects are cut out then stashed away or just an idea that brews for days, months, years. I love that you are donning your BIG GIRL PANTS and fmqing. I hope you get to feeling better! Love to you, Em

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am usually inspired by many images, as well. But not now. Now I am stucked, feeling exhausted everyday after work (paid work, I mean) is not good for my creativity. I am just trying to be patient with myself...

    ReplyDelete

Any and all comments are most appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to view, read, and voice your thoughts.