.  Encouraged by Melody, I am trying to stretch and flex a bit more.  I have been playing around with my hand dyed fabrics and commercial solids.  I can not be so presumptuous as to compare myself with such a artist as Mel.  But then, coming from the age old mindset of waste not, want not",  what shall I do with these bits of flexations?
hand dyed blues, plums, and chartreuse, shot cotton and grey cotton

light grey & black cotton and white sateen cotton

hand dyed Dijon and white sateen cotton

It would seem that they are just the right size for pillows.  So why not?
It is just another obsession of mine.  I call it cuddle art.  

plays well with others

pillow front
pillow back
Have any of you been flexing and stretching lately?

8 comments:

  1. They are so cool! I dyed some fabric today, you are inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mary, for the inspiration and for the "waste not, want not". I did not know this idiom, and like it very much. It is very interesting how these ideas are cross-cultural spread. In Spain, we have the same proverb, only we say it in Spanish (really?): "el que guarda, halla". It literally translates as "he who conserves it will find it."
    Like those pillows. Very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pillows! I love your work in solids/hand dyes. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Cuddle Art"! Wonderful! I've been flexing and stretching today in my sewing room but not sewing. I'm finally painting my room after 7 years of ugly walls. I was flexing and stretching ripping out paneling and scrubbing mold off the walls. Not a glamorous job, but it must be done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are yummy and I love the term cuddle art. So apt.
    I must stretch myself artistically too. (I hope it doesn't involve touching my toes!)
    Are we both playing follow the leader? I think so! And isn't it fun?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm...I have been doing a bit of flexingans stretching...and plenty of 'What the heck was I thinking?'

    No reason why you should not consider yourself with Mel; she's undoubtedly a superb fibre artist, then, so are you. Just that your stuff is so different to Mel's, you can both have fun flexing and stretching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also thankful, like Angela, about the idioms and expresions I learn from you.

    Stretch and flex? I'm doing not much but this lately. With needles and screwdriver too... I need a new studio look!

    ReplyDelete

Any and all comments are most appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to view, read, and voice your thoughts.