back in bizness

In an attempt to get back into a schedule, I have committed to completing somethings.  Notice that I say somethings, as in plural.  So here we go.  Remember the block that I was exchanging with Sujata way back when?  Our theme was to be trees. In case you don't recall, here 'tis:
 
"Family Holiday Tree"

Sujata's "Snow Falling on Cedars" 
Sujata's block is exquisite.  An amazing graphic piece that I hope to see again and yet again in an amazing quilt at some point whenever she decides it may happen.  There was a story behind her block, but I will let her tell about it.
My block began simply but ended up being a bit more complicated.  Long story short, ultimately we decided that we would return the respective blocks to each other for several reasons.  It was an emotional decision for both of us, I do feel.  What emotions we can connect via the web, right?  Tears well up as I write.

At last I felt it was time to get on with it.  Is it because of the approaching fall season which always brings the holiday emotions to the surface.  Perhaps so, and I did get on with it.  I expanded on my family trees.  And now, I am thinking out loud here, can it be a year that has already passed?  Yup, afraid so.  YIKES.

Original block on the right.
Beginning the addition on the left.

and so it grew to a completed panel

I have joined more trees and finished this piece. Yet the cycles continue.  As family goes, hopefully, it is never a complete journey.  And as friends go, we hopefully continue to expand and connect via the w.w.w. and continue our journeys together. Who knew, huh?


7 comments:

  1. Good for both of you.! I love the way your trees became a forest. I can't wait to see how Sujata's block expands too. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still in complete awe of this quilt. It is absolutely mesmerizing. I feel so lucky to have seen it in person. I can't wait to get back into my studio tomorrow and work on some pieces that really need to be finished soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful...I love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your panel is so beautiful! I am so glad you were able to expand it and let it grow. It is a good thing to let families and friendships grow, too. Into the unknow...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary!
    Your trees look so beautiful. I get the emotions this quilt holds for you. It is one of a kind!
    Now, I better get mine finished.. did you say it has been a year?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The emotions that you have put into this piece come through to us, looking at the little image on our computers. Must be even more inspiring in person! Just lovely Mary~

    ReplyDelete
  7. the trees are very nice, like it
    love moehi

    ReplyDelete

Any and all comments are most appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to view, read, and voice your thoughts.