Honors



I have just learned that my big Orange Hibiscus was juried into the AQS show at Paducah, Kentucky. What an honor. It is always a thrill to be one of many selected to hang with some of the most talented quilt artists in the world. I never expect to win a ribbon, since my technical skills are somewhat lacking. Or more aptly said perhaps, woefully lacking. Still, the honor lifts my spirits and inspires me to continue to practice, practice, practice. Hibiscus has just returned from a stint at the Road to California show as well as the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival XXI in Virgina, where she was in competition with some tremendously talented quilt artists' pieces. She was quite humbled to be there and bask in the back lights of the others, though not receiving award recognition.


As I noted earlier, Thistles has won an award at the upcoming Smoky Mountain Quilt Guild show, opening March 19 - 21. 2010. For more information on this fabulous little show and all the incredible talents in this group, go to their website at www.smokymntquilters.com. Again, an incredible honor to be selected.

This will be Thistles first outing. When she has completed her time at the show in Maryville, Tennessee, she will have to ship out to the NQA show in Columbus, Ohio. in June. She was a very long time in the making and endured several crisis' with me before she was able to hang in full view. So she is very eager to get out of the house for a while and see what everyone else is up to. I am very proud of her success thus far and hope she will continue to be able to hang out with the beautiful ones. I'll tell you more about her birth and growth at another time. Just sorta enjoying the moment right now.

5 comments:

  1. I am STUNNED by your work!! Especially the thistles, oh how I love thistles! I have subscribed to your blog, I can't wait to see MORE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary-It's just beautiful!! I love ORANGE. What an honor to show in Paducah. I hope you are going to see it hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. impressed! they take on a new life when photographed. it's like a painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone. It's such a pleasure to receive such lovely compliments from other artists

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janice DuffMarch 26, 2010

    Congratulations Mary! Your works are beautiful! I am in awe of your "gift" and you use it well!!

    ReplyDelete

Any and all comments are most appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to view, read, and voice your thoughts.