a long winter's nap

First of all I want to say a very heartfelt thank you to those who have checked in with me the past few months that I haven't been blogging.  It is so appreciated and so nice to be remembered even though I haven't been "out there".  All is well, but sometimes life just throws up too many obstacles for one to always what one wants to do.    

 So tired of our exceptionally cold, dreary, wet winter, I just returned from a walk in the most welcome sun, some pre-March winds, and warm temperatures.  It was inspiring for me, to say the least.  After 5 months of not posting, and with the holidays past, it is time to shovel out of the rut.

One of my projects included a collaboration with my extremely talented daughter, Casey. Check out her Pinterest boards.  It was such a great experience to work with her on 3 pieces.  I can't share details or photos of these designs quite yet, but it is coming soon. 

Meanwhile here are a few photos of some of the experimenting and quilts I've been playing with before and after the collaboration.  All are unfinished, my normal way of playing.  

14" x 27"

64" x  78" for Chase & Andrea

Twin size for Evie
(remember those chenille bedspreads of the 1950?)

twin size for Silas
16" x 22"
Now to settle down and get some things finished, right?  

13 comments:

  1. You have no idea how happy I am to see this post! Welcome back! I have missed you :)You have been busy through the winter. Love all your quilts. The triangles and circles are amazing! Beautiful linear quilt is so you! The Moon and Bamboo stalks is brilliant! I would not have thought of peacock would be a twin size, had you not mentioned it! Beautiful!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear all is well and yes your daughter has pinned some amazing quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lots of lovelies here. welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary nice to see you back, now if I could only get myself back into it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you are back! Sometimes a break is just what you need to get back into focus.
    I can see you have been busy with some beautiful quilts! Love the bamboo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! SO many fabulous "experiments" here. I love them all, and couldn't pick a favorite if I had to, although I am a bit partial to the small linear one. All very fresh, original and very YOU! Thanks for posting Casey's Pinterest link.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see a post from you Mary, I had been wondering where you were. We are all in "shovel out" mode this time of year, I guess. Love your brights on black "play!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. welcome back! I understand how you feel about winter. we've a long and very cold winter here too (in Montreal). This year, more than ever, i've been dreaming of being done with winter for good! All your projects look amazing, especially those flying geese.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been working on such beautiful projects, it is nice to see them, welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well hello there, Mary, nice to see you back.
    Interesting to see your quilts-to-be and I especially like the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have been missed! I love the flying geese in circles, well done. I always love to see what you are working on. oxox

    ReplyDelete

Any and all comments are most appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to view, read, and voice your thoughts.