made my day in such a good way

It has been several years since I have entered any of my quilts into national shows.  However, the quilts are stacking up around here, so it was time to get them out in public again.  I entered a couple of quilts into the Mancuso's Quiltfest Destination Savannah.  I was delighted to have them accepted into the show and was even more delighted when they safely returned  to me along with nice compliments from the judges.  Opening the box and unwrapping the quilts, I was thrilled to discover a blue ribbon for 
Best Use of Color in the Innovative category.  

I blogged about her creation, but never added a photo once I had, at last, completed quilting her.  Introducing a completed Ms. Lantana 

54" x 70"
hand dyed and commercial fabrics
machine pieced and quilted



17 comments:

  1. Congrats Mary - and to Ms. Lantana, also! :) Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What an extra happy moment to find that ribbon inside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful design! So glad the judges recognized your lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done and congratulations, Mary! The ribbon is well-deserved for both you and "Ms. Lantana." What a splendiferous splash of color, indeed.

    Hoping your good luck rubs off a little my way (entered a quilt into a local quilt guild show happening this weekend). Enjoy basking in the glow of that blue ribbon ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Mary on a well deserved win, she is gorgeous! I love how you shaded the individual petals, super!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wahoo! Congratulations and well-deserved. "Best use of color" is right!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, your work is so inspiring and delightful to view

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bravo! Your beautiful Ms. Lantana certainly is a wonder of color and innovation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I remember your posts about making this one. It was fun to watch it being made and exciting to see a blue ribbon on the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooo beautiful.....congrats, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! Way to go on the blue ribbon, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mary! Congratulations! Yes, you never posted this quilt after finishing. So so thrilled for you! I am dyeing to see your quilts in person some day! They look spectacular! Just got back and catching up. I see I have a lot to catch up on!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful quilt - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Any and all comments are most appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to view, read, and voice your thoughts.